A NEW STANDARD IN HOUSING FOR ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
“It’s such a wonderful feeling to live in this beautiful new building. I feel fortunate to live in safe, affordable housing that
I feel comfortable coming home to in a good neighborhood.”
“It’s the best place I’ve ever lived!”
Cornerstone Creek welcomed its first tenants in
January of 2017
…and all 45 units were quickly filled. The state-of-the-art building is the culmination of 10 years of planning, research, fundraising and dedication. It’s the only place of its kind in the Twin Cities offering affordable, independent apartment living along with progressive amenities at no charge to the tenants or their families.
“I like seeing friends here and having people around,” Rebecca F.
Life at Cornerstone Creek
Tenants have many choices at Cornerstone Creek. They can spend time in their own apartment or socialize with their neighbors. There are options to suit all interests, from a fully equipped fitness studio to tenant lounges, a Cornerstone Café Multi-Purpose Room with fireplace, living rooms with large screen TVs and game tables throughout the building. The outdoor area offers a park-like setting with landscaped courtyard, walking paths, a community garden and gazebo.
Tenants also have opportunities to attend concerts, plays, sporting events, museums, cultural events, community education and more.
Amenities available at no charge to tenants
- 24-hour front desk liason greets tenants and visitors, provides security to tenants and their families
- Consultation for tenants and families to ensure successful independent living
- Tenant-inspired programming
- Family and community education
- Health and wellness programs
Your support makes all this possible. Learn about our Progressive Amenities
Tenants at Cornerstone Creek
- Own their own lease
- Live in a setting that is integrated and support full access to the greater community
- Have selected this housing model
- Have choice regarding services and supports and who provides them
- Have privacy in their unit
- Have lockable doors
- Furnish and decorate their apartment how they choose within the lease agreement
- Have the freedom and support to control their own schedules and activities
- May have visitors of their choosing at any time